Wednesday, April 14, 2010

People and their loved one in a nursing home?

people that put their loved ones in nurseing homes let me tell you something,first of all if your going to put them in there, then go see them often and never go at the same time ,and if there is something you dont like speak up and let the nursing home staff have it , but first find out whose fault it is. and this is for every body in every city big or little,but listen to this please, for those people that are in small cities who are still in school and really anywhere in your small towns alot of your CNA's are people who cant or dont want to go out of their town to find work are mostly the people who take care of your family member, so before you become a bully in your school or work place just remember who might be taking care of them or you later on.this is the truth. im not saying every cna is like this , iv worked in a nursing home and ive always had a heart for old people but ive worked with peoples grandparents, mothers, fathers ect... and so has other people who i know.

People and their loved one in a nursing home?
It takes a special person to do what you have done and say what you have said here.





I worked in an Extended Care Unit once. When I was sent to the floor to work I found an old fellow on a striker frame. As per usual I set out to retrieve help to turn him give him a sponge bath and back rub. When I got him turned I was mortified! It had been so long since he had been turned that he had bed sores on the side of his face and body he had been left on for so long. I wept for this poor man. Turns out he was a former clown with the Barnimum Bailey's Circus, retired.





Where was his family? Where was the nursing staff that was supposed to have been turning him every 4 hours and bathing him daily?





That was the last of my nursing home type experiences. I soon after that went into the secretarial part of nursing. It was something that I will never forget.





It is not just nursing homes, it is in hospital's also, where you expect better care.

shoe accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment