Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Do people find that jobs are more tolerable working with people own age?

I currently work for my local council, i'm 24 and the youngest person in my office next up is 34. I have worked for the council for almost 5 years in different roles and I can't help but feel bored at listening to these people go on about their cars, wives, kids. I know this sounds prejudice and I have nothing against these people, i'm sure I will be talking about this in 15 years time or so but I feel like working with people my own age would be more worthwhile.





Has anyone else worked with older people and then younger people, and found that the work was more tolerable with people same age?

Do people find that jobs are more tolerable working with people own age?
I did.


Some time its boring however at times its learning opportunity also. Look at the positive side of life.
Reply:What do you want them to talk about? Certainly their interests will be different than yours as they are in a different stage of their life. Learn from them! I agree having someone your own age is easier because you have something in common with them, but make the best of it or look for another job.


No comments:

Post a Comment